Welcome...

So glad you chose to stop by!

I hope to use this blog to share some of my handmade cards as well as some of my scrapbook pages and maybe a few pics here and there that may or may not make it to a scrapbook page.

Scrapping for me is simply a fun hobby that I don't do often enough. More often than not, I'm a collector of all things scrap... i.e. tools, paper, embellishments...

Now to become motivated... Maybe this blog is just the way to do it...

Enjoy and come back SOON!

2.28.2008

The BEST of BOTH Worlds...

So, I'm always reading scrap related things (magazines, blogs etc...) looking for new things to try. Hybrid Scrapbooking has been on the the list of things to try for a long time... I held off for a while because the idea was a little intimidating... Hybrid scrapbooking is the combination of digital scrapbooking with traditional scrapbooking. Some of the elements are physical and some of the elements are virtual... It's like having the best of both worlds (thx for the title PZ...)

So my first attempt is a hybrid card... Just know this... While creating this card, I spent an awful lot of time in a state of confusion... That's because Adobe PSE is also new to me and this hybrid thing requires the use of layers... Layers in the traditional sense... No problem..., but digital layers... Uh.. OK...

After trial and error (because I hate to read manuals), I have a finished product...

Digital Elements: Black and white dotted paper (way cool...), Swirl brushes (left and right of page), and the friendship quote... (all are either .jpg or .png)... Can't wait to learn how to change the colors... I'll never run out of paper or patterns...

Traditional Elements: White and black polka dot ribbon, paper flowers, and green rhinestones.

The actual card is more vibrant... The picture is a little dull...

Well here's to discovering new techniques... There are some serious digital scrappers out there... I am AMAZED at what they do...

Enjoy...


0 comments: